More like leftover turkey, pumpkin pie and candied yams. It's a rough time to have so many delicious leftovers in the house because Rocktown hasn't been practicing together much lately. It's cold outside, making this a popular time for families to rent out our home rink for parties, inconveniently, during practice time.
Still, RTR is a team of dedicated athletes who are working their bods in the interim. Some of the Rocktown Rollers share their routines:
- Knasty Knitter: Random sit ups, squats and calf raises in the shower and an upper body workout courtesy of the youngest of the wee ones. ;)P (She's the proud mother of two.)
- BamBam Brawler: Pushups ARE happening. ::grumble grumble:: and open skate whenever possible. I entertained the thought of going biking (it's the thought that counts, right?) and then realized its 38 degrees outside.
- Rosie the Retaliator: I will be doing step aerobics tomorrow. I might be crying during and after, but I will be doing it.
- Eff In Aye: I went to the gym yesterday and ran two miles and a bunch of weights too. I found out that i can leg press 300lbs for 4 sets of 10. :)
- Revenga d'Nerd: During off season, I: 1) Search for the weight I lost during derby season and find it at the Thanksgiving table. 2) Skate my guilt and gravy away at open skate. 3) Practice side stepping & juking in the back yard with my dogs, desirable ... dog toy in hand.
- Afro Die T: 2 minute sprints - at least a 7 or 8 on treadmill (to simulate a jammer jamming) then walk for 1. Repeat for 30 min. Change elevation a few times. If I get bored I'll go backwards or do sidesteps for a bit (NOT AT A 7) Get too tired do 2 on 2 off, but no more than 3 times (ie once every 10 min)
Happy (belated) Thanksgiving! See you Saturday!