Rocktown Rollers's Fan Box

Monday, August 19, 2013

Derby Name: Lite Byte


Derby number: 256

How did you choose your name and number:
My friend Ruh-Roh (an awesome long time NSO) was driving me back from a game in Richmond and I guess derby brain fog set in, because we started making stupid jokes about eating.  Someone said "light bites" and the gears started turning. I'm a light bite! I could be a byte! And there's a nod to my light bright years! And I even have a number to go with it, done and done!

When did you join derby:
I joined in October 2012.  I had recently seen the epic tied bout against DC and had to come out and give it a shot.

Favorite derby memory:
Driving back from Left Turn Clinic with Doll Nightmare. So much bonding! X3

How has derby positively affected you:
I joined derby for some fun exercising, but promptly had to rely on these girls for some courage.  Shortly after joining I went through a tough breakup and lay off from my 4 year job.  The constant in my life was, and still is, derby practice and games.  I'm thankful for each and every one of my league mates for showing me the different lives we all live and reminding me that life is always changing.

Favorite quote:
"If it doesn't challenge you it doesn't change you."

Any other interesting tidbits:
My tag line is: She'll RAM you so hard you'll lose your memory"

No comments:

Post a Comment