Rocktown Rollers's Fan Box

Monday, September 23, 2013

Little Miss Meany!!!

Derby Name:  Little Miss Meany

Derby Number:  4

How did you choose your name and number:
My best friend came up with the Meany part, I have always liked the Little Miss and Mr Men books.  So with some family brainstorming we came up with my name.  Nika Plz was a close second.
The number four has always been a number I liked.


When did you join derby:
April 2011


Favorite derby memory:
One of my first best memories is when I was still pretty fresh and we were doing ninja sprints and I was having a tough time.  Rosie gave me a whip and an encouraging word.  Other memories: When I became a vet, when Rosie asked me to be her derby wife, the after after party in Wilmington, NC, and yes swimming with Doll Nightmare, having my family support me at home bouts.

How has derby positively affected you:
Derby has given me more confidence in my body and mental abilities.  It has given me an outlet that has centered me and allowed me to be calmer in other parts of my life.  Derby has also given me many friends.

Favorite quote:
Aloneness is not loneliness but a physical state of solitude

Any other interesting tidbits:
I have a wonderful husband of 10 years and an incredible son, Anthony, age 23.  We just got custody of our niece, age 6, and nephew, age 4.  So our family grew instantly.

*Photos courtesy Robert Lipscomb Photography and Meany's fb

No comments:

Post a Comment